19 February, 2011
Didn't have to spin more yarn for this project after all. I finished up the cowl with leftovers from the second pair of mitts I made. I am sorry I didn't use the entire ball of the Long Time No Sea colour in the mittens, which I cuffed and tipped in ecru to avoid running out of the main colour. Didn't realize I could have gotten that much fabric out of the remainder of the ball. The sea green goes well enough with the dark green, though it's not my sort of colour and I will tuck that part under out of sight when wearing the cowl.
The knit ribbing at the edge holds the cowl over my chin very well. Haven't worn the cowl outside yet to try it out. The weather has warmed up and I've missed my chance.