I've transferred my list of current and future fibre arts projects to a kanban board.
It was satisfying to move a task from the "in progress" column to the "done" column last evening.
I grouped projects together in categories and assigned their stages to colours. This makes it easy to make sense of the situation at a glance.
I'm using an electronic system which automatically records the date I put a task on the board. That means I can tell how much time passes between inception and completion. Until now, that information has either been unrecorded or too much trouble to look up. I think it could be good to know.
The board has allowed me to separate the overall goals from the tasks. One goal is to "reduce inventory," to use up the wool I have on hand. By keeping the goals in front of me, I have a better chance of picking relevant tasks to work on. The one I just finished was pretty irrelevant to my goals.
Rearranging a to-do list isn't going to get things done, but it can give me more clarity. Impetus often follows clarity.