Here's a photo of my fourth mitten in progress. (Below is a copper and sterling barrette I made for myself in a workshop.) Three other mittens, in the same yarn and pattern, are in a project bag. They need their tops Kitchenered for a seamless look. The blue waste yarn is going to come out of the cuff, it was there so I could pick up stitches and make the cuff hem seamless. These little tricks are what make handknits so satisfactory.
I read over the plan I made this summer and realized I should say something about progress. I have the knitting machine and have nothing with it. The mitten above is made of the same yarn I mentioned in that post. I took the sewing class and learned some, but not enough, which explains why I've signed up for another one. I still need to get more structure and routine into my time spent on fibre arts, and more time spent making things for me, really. I have not gotten into clamp resists or block printing. I bought paint for block printing and a blank linoblock to carve, on the theory that I can use labour and save money that way. I still think a custom-made block would be nice. I got distracted by the thought of using mordants and chemical resists in dyeing. Nothing has come of that beyond acquiring supplies. I did spend time in thrift stores there for a spurt and I bought a small selection of interesting clothes that could be upcycled. Nothing made its way into my wardrobe. My locally-sourced Romney wool roving is at the spinning mill; this campaign on Go Fund Me has me worried about the mill's future.
This is the weekend that holiday sales ramp up. You can use the coupon code "SpinningWheelEarring" in my Etsy shop, Rosetwist LLC, through Monday. I've been working on products and hope something will please. I like coming up with fresh things. Recently I've been turning fibre arts-themed coins into earrings. Hopefully I will finish and list a new pair today using coins from Egypt. Am also mulling over a limited edition dye kit. The main kit is selling well.
|Rosetwist LLC dye kit|